Thursday, October 24, 2013

I Am Pusheen The Cat

Oh my...what adorable cattishness is this!?!  (and this is coming from a non-cat lady Librarian)

Before reviewing this book, the one and only time I had seen Pusheen was this meme that Dramafever shared back in April (which is absolutely what I do when I watch K-dramas) and didn't know the cat had a name: 



Although, looking at the color differences now, is it a Pusheen friend?

I Am Pusheen the Cat by Claire Belton, is a cute, funny collection of kitty comics.


I really wasn't sure what to expect, but this had me snorting, snickering, and chortling.  There's a section on Pusheen's No-Shave November Styling Suggestions...I died.  I mean, there's one called the "butt-stache."  Apparently my 10-year old self came out while reading this, because there were tears.

There are 5 sections that allow you to get to know Pusheen, her friend/sibling Stormy, how to be a cat, etc.  There's a collection of kitty horror stories, as well as some baking instructions.  The book also includes handy tips on everything from uses for marshmallows to tech support.

The style kind of reminded me of the Scaredy Squirrel series, including his Guide to Christmas and Guide to Halloween.  However, I think Pusheen is MUCH cuter, and funnier.

Anyone who has, or has had (like yours truly), a cat will really appreciate the situations Pusheen gets in.  If you've read and enjoyed The Oatmeal's "My Dog, the Paradox", I think you'll like this.

Also, I really want this Ramyun-eating Pusheen T-shirt from HeyChickadee:


http://www.heychickadee.com/collections/pusheenthecat/products/pusheen-eating-ramen-t-shirt-womens





I Am Pusheen the Cat is published by Touchstone (an imprint of Simon & Schuster).  Digital ARC provided by NetGalley.
Release Date: 10.29.2013

1 comment:

  1. You know in the messages section of FB you can send Pusheen stickers, the scooter one is my obvious favorite

    ReplyDelete